- Braby, CD., Muir, HC and Harris D. (1991). The development of a working model of flight crew underload. In E,
Farmer (ed.). Stress and Error in Aviation, Avebury Technical: Aldershot.
- Braby, CD, Harris, D and Muir HC (1993). A psychophysiological approach to the assessment of work underload,
Ergonomics, 36, 1035-1042.
- Braby, CD (1993). The development of a subjective measure
of work underload. In R.S. Jensen and L.A Rakovan (eds.), Seventh International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Columbus Ohio, April 26-29.
- Deighton, CDB and Woodfield AA (1995). Visual scenes for battlefield helicopter operations: evaluation of
requirements and how to specify them. In proceedings of the AGARD FVP Symposium on ‘Flight Simulation – Where are the Challenges?’ Braunschweig, Germany 22-25 May 1995, published in
- Dennehy, K and Deighton, CDB (1997). The development of an interactionist framework for operationalising situation
awareness. In D, Harris (ed.), ‘Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics, Vol. one, Transportation Systems’, Ashgate publishing: England.
- Deighton, CDB and Morgan, W (1997). Anaesthesiology and aviation: using the analogy. In D, Harris (ed.),
‘Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics, Vol. two, Job design and product design’, Ashgate publishing: England.
- Lumsden, RB, Padfield GD and Deighton CDB (1999). Human Factors challenges at the Helicopter-Ship Dynamic
Interface. Proceedings of the World Aviation Congress (1999-01-5607) San Francisco.
- Deighton, CDB (2001). Human Factors and engineering methodologies: complementary or insurmountable? In D, Harris
(ed.), Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics, Vol. Five, Aerospace and Transportation System’, Ashgate publishing: England.
- Deighton, CDB, and MacLeod, IS (2001). Cognitive gearing: a measure of system effectiveness? In MJ Smith, G
Salvendy, D Harris and RJ Koubek (eds.), ‘Usability Evaluation and Interface Design: cognitive engineering, intelligent agents and virtual reality’, LEA publishing.
- McLeod, IS and Deighton, CDB (2001). Human System Integration (HSI) Trade off Processes. In proceedings of the
Interservice/industry training, simulation and education conference, pp 361 – 373, Orlando, Florida November 26-29, 2001.
- Gipson, T and Deighton, CDB (2003). Investigation of the Intensity and Frequency of refresher training and
reassessment in safety critical roles. Prepared for Railway Safety. Contract deliverable: July 2003, available at www. rssb.co.uk.
- Walsh, A and Deighton CDB (2004). Adapting Current UK Military TNA Guidelines to Analyse Collective, Command
and Control Training Requirements for the Royal Artillery. Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation, and Education Conference (I/ITS4/23/12EC) 2004.
- Gipson, T., Deighton, CDB and Howells, C (2004). Factors influencing Competence Retention in Safety Critical Roles.
Short presentation at HCI-AERO 2004, Toulouse.
- Deighton, CDB, Luther, RL, and Gipson, T. (2005). The development of a risk based approach to assess team refresher
training requirements: methodological considerations. Proceedings of the People and Systems Conference (IEE/HFI DTC) Nov. 2005.
- Deighton, CDB (2007). Good practice in pre-driver education. Proceedings of the ROSPA Congress, 2007
- Deighton, CDB (2007). Effective information exploitation: a challenge for military and business
organisations. In Contemporary Ergonomics, Ed. P Bust, (pp 99-104).
- Deighton, CDB and Luther, R. (2007). A critical review of the literature on attitude change and development, good
practice in pre-driver education and programme effectiveness. Road safety research report, Department for Transport (14th May, 2007).
- People in Systems Through Life Capability Management Handbook (2009). HFI DTC, Joint Author.
- Launchbury, C., Deighton, CDB., and Luther, R. (2007). Pre-driver education: Survey of pre-driver education
provision. Road safety research report, Department for Transport (14th May, 2007).
- Deighton, C., Wells, L.,
McGuiness, B., Page, H. and Mills, A. (2011). Optimising competence retention in safety critical roles:
influencing factors and management strategies. Presented at the 1stWorld Congress on Rail Training: Madrid, 6-8 April 2011.
- Human Factors in Defence Information Systems (2012). HFI DTC, Joint Author (www.hfidtc.com).
- Deighton, PM and Nutt, HW, Capability Maturity Model for Business Development v2.0 (2013). BD-Institute, Joint